We had been asked to serve as Directors of the Beehive House which is mainly just to make sure the supplies are stocked, do the daily report, the monthly report, and if any other senior couples had concerns,we were the ones they were suppose to talk to. After our week in Park City, we were concerned the supplies might be a little short so rather than walk from our condo to the Beehive House there is a driveway right behind the Beehive House we had discovered we could park for a short time when we had to run short errands there. We decided I would run them in while Wayne waited in the car. As it is a service driveway, he backed in, in case someone came while I was there, so he was facing the road. What we didn't realize, was that some of the supplies were running low and I needed to run some copies and I couldn't find the masters. Between that and talking to the Sisters and the other senior couple, I was much longer than anticipated and Wayne tipped his head back and dozed. Apparently someone from the condos across the street looked over and saw him sitting with his head tipped back in the seat and called 911. When I came out of the Beehive house, I saw the fire engine parked on the street, but didn't think anything about it. When I got to the car, Wayne told me an AMBULANCE, a FIRETRUCK, and EIGHT PARAMEDICS had come to the car to see if he was alright because someone reported an "Old, incapacitated, gentleman was in a tan car behind the Beehive House and had not moved for a long time!"
If I want a good chuckle, all I have to do is think about it.................the funniest story of our mission yet!
6 years ago



5 comments:
Hillarious!! I had to tell Justin for a nice start to the day. Glad to hear all is well and there wasn't any real 911.
Okay, that makes me laugh hard! I can visualize the whole scene! Good thing you had such a funny story to keep you both laughing! I LOVE it! I wish we could have witnessed the paramedics checking on him in the car! What a nice nosy person to be so concerned!
So great! Loved this story! Hope things are going well for the two of you!
That is seriously so FUNNY. I bet it was a man sitting in his "stare chair" watching the world go bye and just kept checking on that tan car and the "old, incapacitated gentleman."
So funny!! You are so much like Mom was in that you can laugh and find fun in the things you and Wayne do.
Post a Comment